Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Such a sweetie pie!



I miss this sweet little boy's momma everyday. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of my dear friend Aimee.

Some days I look at a picture of her and I just can't take it. I see such a beautiful girl that left this life in such a tragic way and it makes me so mad.

Some days it's scrolling through the channels and seeing that the movie Beaches is on and it reminds me of the day that Aimee and I went to see it in the theatres, we decided Wind Beneath my Wings would be our anthem song. (A little corny, I know)

When Patrick Swayze died I thought about how Aimee and I had gone to see the movie Ghost and how that movie was so hard for us because we had just lost our dear friend Mandy in a horrific car accident.

When I put my M necklace on I'm reminded how thoughtful she always was. She sent it to me in the mail...just because.

When I walk in the Hallmark store, I think of Aimee because that girl kept that place in business.

When I'm at the mall, I tell Ty, "Aimee loved that store." And then he replies, "Aimee loved every store." "Um, yep, you're right."

When I'm walking down the cookie isle and I see Milano cookies, I think of us chowing down on them at our sleep-over we had when she was pregnant with Anthony.

When I think of making a Christmas card it makes me sad that I won't get that encouraging call from her as soon as she checks her mail telling me how much she loves it and how it's her favorite. Whether or not she told that to all of her friends I'll never know but she definitely knew how to make me feel good.

These are just a few of the thoughts that go through my head on a daily basis. I hope these memories are always held near to my heart, I don't ever want to forget them!

When I get to spend time with this sweet boy, all I see is Aimee...



He's trying on my high heels here...



With Christmas coming up I'm feeling so melancholy that she's not here. I know her family and other friends must be feeling the same way. We miss you girl!

2 comments:

Shannah said...

I feel like I should have some words of wisdom for you but the truth is, nothing I say will heal your aching heart. What I can say is I love you and if I were right in front of you, I'd give you a big BFF hug!

Melissa said...

Aww, thanks! No need for words of wisdom, just something I need to go through. I know it will get a little easier with time. I just felt like I needed to write down some of the memories that were swirling through my head. Love you!