Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I miss my dear friend Aimee!

July 10, 1974-March 4, 2009









Aimee and I met in Junior High and were inseparable in our younger years.

After my parents divorced my mom went back to school and needed to go to ASU to finish her degree so we had to move from Casa Grande up to the valley my Sophmore year. Aimee and I were devastated. I remember laying on my bed wrapped up together just crying our eyes out trying to come up with a way for me to stay. We didn't think we could live without being together everyday. It actually brings tears to my eyes to even think about those days and how hard that was. I continued to go down to Casa Grande on the weekends to stay at Aimee's house. Unfortunately, we got caught sneaking out of her house so that put a kabosh on our weekend sleepovers for awhile. I think I forgot to mention that we liked to get into trouble :) Aimee always had and still has such a special place in my heart because of all of our childhood memories. There's something so special about old friends.

Our friendship took a little "break" for a couple of years during our college days but we were able to pick-up the pieces and start where we left off.

Aimee has been at every milestone and tragedy in my life. Wedding celebrations, bridal showers, baby showers, births, birthday celebrations, and deaths in the family...she was there. Last April when my Papa died it was so comforting having her sit with my family at his funeral. She loved my Papa and was always a part of my family.

She was one of the most thoughtful people I knew. She always sent cards for every occasion and it was never a generic card, it was a card that you would think she had written just for you. She didn't just keep up with the special occasions in MY life, she kept up with ALL of her friends and families lives. I don't know how she did it.

We didn't see eachother as much as we would have liked, and now more than ever I'm realizing that sometimes you just HAVE to make time for the people you love. We always kept in touch through the phone though. She LOVED her phone.

A couple years ago when she was pregnant with Anthony, she invited me to come have a sleepover at her house because Rueben (her husband) was out of town. I was SO excited to go. We went to dinner and then came back and just hung out. We layed in her bed talking and giggling until I think I fell asleep while she was telling me a story...Aimee liked to talk. I will cherish those memories forever.

I already miss her terribly. I miss being able to call her up just to tell her I'm thinking about her, I will miss getting those phone calls from her on my birthday with her singing me Happy Birthday WAY out of tune, I will even miss her potty mouth, I will miss that I don't get to share the good, the bad, and the ugly things that go on in my life with her, I will miss her telling me she loves me every time she hung up the phone.

I just miss HER!!























3 comments:

Shannah said...

What a wonderful way to remember Aimee and pay tribute to the special friendship you shared!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Melissa! Thank you for sharing this once in a lifetime friendship you shared with Aimee. You were both so blessed to have eachother and I'm soooo sorry for your loss. I know it hurts so bad...I'm praying for you! ~Dana

Anonymous said...

Wow Melissa! What a truly beautiful slide show. XO ~Nikki