Sunday, March 22, 2009

Science Experiment...Bust!

Maclaine's 1st grade teacher Mrs. Pieczynski, whom we love by the way, shared this experiment with her class. Apparently, her class last year did this for the school science fair and when she told her class about it this year Maclaine came home wanting to try it.

What you do is take an egg and put it in a see-through container and fill it up with vinegar. Then after a week I guess you're supposed to be able to take it out and it resembles a bouncy ball. Well, I will say that it was very interesting seeing the shell being eaten away by the vinegar BUT I wouldn't say it bounced.

Here's some pictures of Maclaine's Science Experiment. These were taken after the egg had been in the vinegar for a week in a half.




2 comments:

Shannah said...

LOL!!! Not so much a bouncy ball!!! I love the expression on her face!!!

Rosalyn said...

I love that you tried it! Too bad it didn't bounce for you. I bet that it did smell wonderful though :)