Sunday, June 3, 2012

Summer Quilting Project 2012

I started making blankets when my friend Kristi had her daughter....ummm, 20 years ago!!!  CRAZINESS!  Anyhow, over the last 20 years I've probably made about that many blankets or more.   I hadn't made one for Maclaine for about 5 years so we decided one of our summer projects would be to make her a new one and this time she was going to pick out the fabric and help make it.


She started off really strong....she helped make quite a few of the strips.  Then, she got bored and momma took over.  We had this great idea to make her room kind of bohemian after we bought an orange printed pillow at World Market, which is why there are bright colors intertwined in it.  As I write this today, we turned a totally different direction and decorated her room very neutral.  Oh well, she still has a super soft, cozy blanket.

All done!!!


Cozying up with her new blanket




No comments: