Friday, June 1, 2012

Quick California Trip!

My dad and Lin had planned a California trip and wanted Maclaine to go with them.  They were going to be camping on the beach in their trailer and making a trip to Sea World.  They had invited me as well but I thought that this would be a really great time for them to spend some quality, alone time with our girl.  Also, I snore like a bear (according to my husband) so I didn't want to scare everyone in the trailer :)


I got a text from Clainey the morning they left saying she was super excited but that she had a tummy ache.  I, of course, was a little concerned but figured it would pass.  



I got a text right around this time, saying that they made it and it was beautiful!  She was excited!


Papa Fred and Clainey

I got a text at 3:00 am saying she wished I had come and that she had been up all night with tummy problems.  I felt so sad for her and immediately got out of bed a nervous wreck and starting praying.


They got up that morning and headed to Sea World hoping that she was all better.

I was so happy that she was feeling better!









After Sea World, I got a text from her saying they were having dinner and that she had been having tummy problems again.  That night she was up again throwing up and just feeling terrible.  I talked to her that morning, she tried to be strong but eventually told me that she just wanted to come home.    

So, they all headed home :(

I still feel bad that their vacation was cut short.  I'm so happy that Maclaine at least was able to have a great time at Sea World and make some memories there with her Papa and Grammie Lin.




This was when we met them to pick-up our girl, it was so good to see her and give her hugs.  

No comments: