Monday, July 5, 2010

Father's Day!

Better late than never!

For Father's Day this year we took Ty out to dinner on the Saturday before Father's day and just hung-out as a family. Then on Sunday (Father's day), after church, Maclaine and I headed down to Tucson to spend some time with my dad.

Clainey and her prince at Olive Garden...


I felt torn because I wanted to celebrate the wonderful man I'm married to and the amazing father he is to Maclaine but I also wanted to celebrate my dad who never gets to actually spend the day with his girls now that we have husbands who are father's as well.

It's actually something I'm always feeling conflicted about. On Mother's day I want to spend special time with my mom and Granny and do something special for Ty's mom and my step-mom Lin but I'm also a mom so I kinda want to be selfish and celebrate the day with my daughter. Then Father's day rolls around and my very unselfish husband who never expects anything and tells me that "it's just a made-up holiday by Hallmark" and not to worry about him, encourages me to spend the quality time with my dad. Of course I'm thrilled about that but I also feel, well, torn.

I feel very blessed to have a loving father in my life who I know loves me and adores his grand kids, and to be married to a man who loves his daughter to pieces and is Maclaine's prince charming.

So, that being said, Maclaine and I had a wonderful time spending the night in Tucson eating a yummy dinner prepared by Lin, swimming, having water fights with Liam and just enjoying each others company.

Clainey and her papa Fred...


Maclaine and her cousin Liam...




Water fight...


"Oh yea, baby! What do you have to say about that...?"


She's very proud of herself right here...


YUM, drumsticks for dessert...


Liam and papa Fred...


"I love you Daddy and Papa Fred..."

No comments: