Every time I'm working on a sewing project, Maclaine is infatuated with the sewing machine. She wants to help or she just plain wants to make something. So, I put on my patience hat and gave her a quick lesson in sewing. It was so funny because she would get that thing going on full speed and actually have a fairly straight line sewn. She wanted her first project to be a cloth checkerboard game. I recommended she just do a little practicing first.
I have so many scraps of fabric so I handed her a stack and pretty much left her alone. I was quite impressed when I saw the finished product. I did help her sew the strap on the "shirt" and she wanted me to connect it to a tank top, so I helped with that.
Not bad for her first project!
2 comments:
Wow! She did a great job. You need to put your patience hat on and teach me how to sew.
So cute!! I want to learn how to sew too....maybe you should have a class. :)
Post a Comment