Saturday, October 3, 2009

Off to the Ball!



A couple Friday's ago my niece Mallory and my brother-in-law went to a purity ball at their church. Mallory was so excited to have that special time with her dad.

We couldn't wait to go over to their house to see them off. I wasn't expecting to get emotional but when we walked in their door my eyes got very teary. Mallory looked BEAUTIFUL and all I could think of is, "oh my gosh, where has the time gone."

Mallory was born the year I got married and although all my nieces and nephews are special to me in their own way, Mallory was the first born so she got smothered. I couldn't get enough of her nor could any of the other family members.

I remember the day she was born, I was working at Applebee's and I got the call that my sister was heading to the hospital and I couldn't get out of there quick enough. I went home and got Ty and we headed to the hospital and she was born shortly after. It was a little bit stressful because she came about 4 weeks early (I think) and she was TINY. When we walked in my sister's hospital room, all you could see were Mallory's big eyes. She still has the most beautiful sparkly brown eyes.



I would talk to her when she was in my sister's belly and would tell her over and over that her Aunt Lyssa loved her and that I was going to be her favorite aunt :)



I even went as far as making her a onesie. Hey, I'm not shameless...



Now, I'm not sure if I'm Mallory's favorite aunt. She has many, many people who love and adore her. But, either way I think she's a very special little girl with a very big heart. She's beautiful inside and out! I love you Mallory girl and am very proud of you!

Here's some pictures before they headed off to the ball...

Mallory and her date...



Here's my sister DeAyn with her kiddos Mallory, Aubrey, and Tanner...



My mom and Mallory...



Me and Mallory...



Mallory and her sis Aubrey...



Maclaine (my girly) and Mallory...



Cousins....



More cousins...



Off to the ball they go...

1 comment:

Mike and Jamie said...

I will never forgot the day I found out DD was pregnant with her and the day she was born. Oh, we were all so excited! I actually remember the day that all the kids were born! We were shopping for tuxedos for the wedding when your water broke. You probably are the favorite aunt though! I do not do enough with them like you do. Ellie is really missing her cousins.